Can we refer to the column names as FK??

From: Anil Jangam <anilj(at)indts(dot)com>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can we refer to the column names as FK??
Date: 2001-12-19 07:33:00
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

This is to check whether we can refer to column names as FK reference??

So far when we define FK relation ship, we select the 'Local Column' and the
'Referenced Column'. Here essentially, the FK points to the contents/values
entered under the given column name in the table (Correct me if I am wrong).

Now if it is required to have column name itself as a reference AND NOT the
*content* of the column, is it possible?? I am stuck with a similar
requirement/situation.

thanks in advance,
regds,
-anil.