Properties of 'Relationships' in FK definiton.

From: Anil Jangam <anilj(at)indts(dot)com>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Properties of 'Relationships' in FK definiton.
Date: 2001-12-14 12:33:02
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi Dave,

After defining the FK relationship in one of the tables, the pgAdmin
generates the view as follows.

Foreign Keys [2]
	- PrimaryCompID -> FunctionEntityInventory
		- Relationships[1]
	- SecondaryCompID -> FunctionEntityInventory
		- Relationships[1]

Here as shown, the 'PrimaryCompID' is a FK in table
'FunctionEntityInventory' and so the 'SecondaryCompID'.

When I click on the 'PrimaryCompID' and 'SecondaryCompID', it shows the
properties on the RHS (right hand side). But when I try to see the
properties of 'Relationships' it gives the following error.

An error has occured in pgAdminII:frmMain.tvNodeClick:
Number: 5

What is the meaning of this???

I have defined while creating the FK and its relationships correctly. But
couldn't understand the meaning of 'deferrable' key word. Also in the
properties of the FK, it shows some options:

	deferrable: No (I didn't checked this while creating the r'ship)
	Initally:	Immidiate (What is the meaning and use of this???
			There were two things to select here.. (immidiate,
and deferred).
	System FK:	NO. (What is the system FK??)

-anil.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Anil JangamDate: 2001-12-14 13:04:06