Re: Feeds Integration

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feeds Integration
Date: 2004-02-20 16:29:33
Lists: pgsql-www
On Feb 20, 2004, at 5:20 PM, Chris Ryan wrote:

>     I've corrected the date and posted the updated news.rss.
>
> Chris Ryan

Hello Chris,
thanks for your prompt fix.

looks fine to me. Now there is a caveat ;)

Rss 1.0 which I used on this script allows only title, link description
therefore some parsers might arbitrarily ignore any other tags or
complain.
Rss 2.0 has author and data capability but is sort of silly because
pretends a formation like author(at)domain(dot)suffix which for spam purposes
is rarely used.

Let's see if someone else has a feedback  I will test it with some
other parsers too just in case.
So far so good.
thanks to Devrim for trying this out.

Regards