Information schema question

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: pgsqlnovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Information schema question
Date: 2005-02-04 13:37:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

If I want to get, for example, all of the "user-defined" functions that
are available for execution by the current user, how could I go about
that? I see how to grab these for any given schema, but how can I tell
what schemas the current user has access to if the user can execute the
function? I thought I could use the routine_privileges view, but it
doesn't seem to have functions that I create in it--do I have to
explicitely grant execute on all functions for them to show up in
routine_privileges?

Thanks,
Sean