Re: BUG #3563: DATESTYLE feature suggestion

From: Ben Hockey <neonstalwart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3563: DATESTYLE feature suggestion
Date: 2010-05-16 05:53:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs
i apologize for bringing this up from over 2 years ago but i haven't
been able to find how this issue was resolved.

the following is from the ecmascript 5 specification at http://www.ecmascript.org/docs/tc39-2009-043.pdf
  page 168:

> 15.9.1.15 Date Time String Format
> ECMAScript defines a string interchange format for date-times based
> upon a simplification of the ISO 8601
> Extended Format.  The format is as follows: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss.sssZ

ecmascript 5 is the most recent specification for JavaScript and i
would think that having a DATESTYLE format to simplify
interoperability with JavaScript applications would be highly
desirable.  simplifying interoperability could be achieved by either
providing a new format that matched this specific format or by
allowing a way to specify a custom DATESTYLE format.  being able to
specify a custom DATESTYLE format would be preferred since it is the
more flexible option.

perhaps this is already possible but i just haven't managed to find
it.  any help appreciated.

thanks,

ben...