Re: Logging pg_autovacuum

From: "Larry Rosenman" <lrosenman(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: "Larry Rosenman" <lrosenman(at)pervasive(dot)com>,"Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>,"PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Logging pg_autovacuum
Date: 2006-04-28 16:09:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>>>
>>> autovacuum_verbosity
>>
>> Should we call it autovacuum_messages?
>>
>> In current usage...
>>
>> _verbosity controls how much information each message gives
>> _messages controls what types of messages are logged
>
> That probably works, but I'm not sure about the one to add the VERBOSE
> to the
> VACUUM commands autovacuum.c emits.

does the following options satisfy everyone:

autovacuum_messages=
none silent (nothing output at LOG level)
database we'd output a LOG message processing database <name>
table    we'd output a LOG message for each table we actually vacuum /
analyze
verbose  we'd add the verbose flag to each command

the lower levels would include the upper (I.E. verbose implies table +
database).

If this is acceptable, I'm going to start working on the code to
implement it.

LER

--
Larry Rosenman
Database Support Engineer

PERVASIVE SOFTWARE. INC.
12365B RIATA TRACE PKWY
3015
AUSTIN TX  78727-6531

Tel: 512.231.6173
Fax: 512.231.6597
Email: Larry(dot)Rosenman(at)pervasive(dot)com
Web: www.pervasive.com

Next:From: Teodor SigaevDate: 2006-04-28 16:11:26