psql 8.0 final not working on NT 4.0sp6

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql 8.0 final not working on NT 4.0sp6
Date: 2005-01-18 15:16:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I'm running 'psql.exe -- version' and I'm getting this dialog:

psql.exe - Entry Point Not Found: The procedure entry point
SHGetSpecialFolderPathA could not be located in the dynamic link
library SHELL32.DLL.

I got this for both the version I compiled and psql from the
pgInstaller (both operations done on Windows XP). I suppose that the
compiler and/or installer could be doing something different for
Windows NT?

The last version I tested on NT 4 was 8.0.0rc-1 which works OK.

I'm also curious as to why the version of psql I compile is about 7K
bytes smaller than what the installer gives me.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL