Re: Feature proposal: www_fdw

From: Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Alexander Soudakov <cygakob(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature proposal: www_fdw
Date: 2011-09-28 21:03:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sep28, 2011, at 15:32 , Alexander Soudakov wrote:
> Here you can find www_fdw feature documentation:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WWW_FDW

Certainly looks useful (as a third-party extension, as others have already pointed out)

What I didn't quite understand is how one would pass (dynamic) parameters for a GET request. For example, not too long ago I needed to access the Google Maps API from postgres. I ended up using pl/python, and now wonder if your FDW would support that use-case.

best regards,
Florian Pflug