Re: Improve ODBC Throughput ?

From: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
To: "Arnaud Lesauvage" <thewild(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improve ODBC Throughput ?
Date: 2006-10-19 16:33:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Remember that any data access component is riding on the underlying physical layer.
You need to make sure that your network infrastructure can pump that much data through it.
Are you network cards running in full duples or half duplex?
What sort of switching infrastructure do you have?
The vast majority of switches have a blocking architecture. In a heavy environment this will cause oversubscription which will result in congestion. If you are using a managed switch, your network admins will hopefully know how to troubleshoot and tell you if that is the case (they will see resends, etc.).

Just another area to look at.