Rules/Triggers executio order

From: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Rules/Triggers executio order
Date: 2006-10-19 00:42:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a partitioned table to which I route data using a trigger.
I am changing it to use a set of rules which executes "INSTEAD" on
insert.
The parent table currently has a trigger.

The system is a live system. I would prefer to not have to suspend the
data flow.
If I create the rules, and given the fact that they execute "INSTEAD" of
the insertion into the parent table, will the trigger still execute.
I will be removing the trigger immediately after the creation of the
rules, but just want to be safe and make sure I get no duplicate
entries.

Thanks in advance.