Re: New PostgrSQL Errors

From: David Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New PostgrSQL Errors
Date: 2004-03-19 00:11:23
Lists: sfpug
On Mar 18, 2004, at 3:40 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> I'm not clear.   Are the messages you printed the same messages as the
> above,
> or are those different (and unknown) messages?

I don't understand the question. Yes, those message type messages are
from PostgreSQL, AFAICT.

I just got it to happen again, and FWIW, nothing appears in the
PostgreSQL log. This is only in the Apache error log, probably put out
as warnings by DBD::Pg. Here's what I got this time:

message type 0x49 arrived from server while idle
message type 0x5a arrived from server while idle

And then an execution fails and I have to restart Bricolage to get it
to work.

On Mar 18, 2004, at 3:46 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Hmmm ... is this 7.4?

Yes, 7.4.2.

> Do you perhaps have statement_timeout set?

Not AFAIK.

> Could
> some external process (such as running out of RAM) be causing your
> connections to be terminated by the OS?

I seriously doubt it. I have a gig of RAM on this thing. Besides,
wouldn't PostgreSQL be a little more polite about what errors it's
getting?

> How are you connecting?

DBD::Pg 1.32.

Regards,