RE: [PORTS] RE: DLLMain

From: Horák Daniel <horak(at)sit(dot)plzen-city(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [PORTS] RE: DLLMain
Date: 2000-02-07 13:23:03
Lists: pgsql-ports

> > I believe your problem is with win95. I know of no instances
> > of postgres being built on win95 using the NT port instructions, as
> > the plumbing under the hood is somewhat different.
> Do you know of instances being built on win95 using ANY instructions ?
> Where can I find these instructions ?

I was using gcc 2.95.1 and Cygwin B20.1 (plus cygwin1.dll snapshot from
01/19/1999 availbale from the Cygwin site) to run on WinNT. What version of
Cygwin are you using?

I don't know if there was a change in the DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL macro - you can
check plain B20.1

And as far as I know it is not possible to run PostgreSQL on Win95/98. Their
win32 api lacks some required functions for supporting SysV shared memory in
the cygipc library.

Dan