Re: Problem connecting to PostgreSQL 7.3 using pgAdmin II v1.4

From: "Lin Jianfong" <ljfong(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem connecting to PostgreSQL 7.3 using pgAdmin II v1.4
Date: 2003-04-06 22:59:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

Thanks for replying, I figured out the exact problem after a while, it was
the fault of neither pgAdmin II nor PostgreSQL but rather, a rogue firewall
setup on the linux machine. Someone else configured Samba on the linux box,
and that somehow created new local firewall rules on the box which rejected
every connection made to port 5432. The box is already behind another RH8
box which acts as firewall, so I flushed out and set the rules to default to
accept all on the problematic linux box.

Now everything works again as usual.

Fong