Re: Running on an NFS Mounted Directory

From: Dan Gorman <dgorman(at)hi5(dot)com>
To: swampler(at)noao(dot)edu
Cc: Ketema Harris <ketema(at)gmail(dot)com>,pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Running on an NFS Mounted Directory
Date: 2006-04-27 04:43:26
Lists: pgsql-performance
We have gotten very good performance from netapp and postgres 7.4.11 .

I was able to push about 100MB/s over gigE, but that was limited by
our netapp.

DAS will generally always be faster, but if for example you have 2
disks vs. 100 NFS mounted ,NFS will be faster.

NFS is very reliable and I would stay away from iscsi.

Regards,
Dan Gorman