Re: PostgreSQL and AutoCad

From: Ilan Volow <listboy(at)clarux(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and AutoCad
Date: 2007-10-30 22:01:09
Lists: pgsql-general

As I have a vested interest in storing AutoCad stuff in PostgreSQL, I
searched for something like this a while ago and I ran across this..
I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxf2postgis/

I'm personally interested in the idea of versioning for a drawing.
Instead of storing the entire drawing for each version, one could
theoretically just store the vector additions/changes/deletions that
happen from one revision to the next.

-- Ilan

On Oct 30, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Bob Pawley wrote:

> If your holy grail is the ability of using infomation to drive
> drawings I have to ask if you have any idea what that could lead too?
>
> - Design productivity would increase by factors of hundreds -
> perhaps thousands.
>
> - Information would be infinitly adaptable.
>
> - Structure that information properly and knowedge will result.
>
> - We would begin to realize the full potential of computing power.
>
> Is that what you were saying??
>
> Bob
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Broersma Jr"
> <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>

Ilan Volow
"Implicit code is inherently evil, and here's the reason why:"