Re: Anyone using postgreSQL on Mac OS X installed by

From: Jeffrey Melloy <jmelloy(at)visualdistortion(dot)org>
To: Mat Rice <matrice(at)usa(dot)net>
Cc: "David C(dot) Oshel" <dcoshel(at)inav(dot)net>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Anyone using postgreSQL on Mac OS X installed by
Date: 2002-12-15 19:03:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

The problem with Marc Liyanage's startup script is that it points to
his install. So if you want to install via Fink, you're going to have
to find where fink put your data. Marc Liyanage's package installs in
the default unix location of /usr/local/pgsql/, with the data in
/usr/local/pgsql/data. My guess is that fink puts a pgsql folder
somewhere in the /sw directory, and within that is the data file. So
when you start postmaster, you need to start it with the -D flag
pointing there.

That being said, I would recommend his package, it has jdbc and
readline support built in, comes with the jdbc drivers, and all that
fun stuff.