Postgresql 7.1.3 on Win98

From: "Sushil Kumar" <skumar7777(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql 7.1.3 on Win98
Date: 2001-10-06 11:44:05
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I have been trying to install Postgresql 7.1.3 thru Cygwin under Win98.
The docs say that it is not supported but do give a reference to
mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net(dot) I tried to contact this person but got no response.

Have anyone succeeded in getting Postgresql to run on Win98 recently
with the Cygwin binaries?

I have installed cygipc. I start the postmaster with pg_ctl start -o -i.
When I attempt to connect to the database with psql, I get

pq_flush: send() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket

I have tried setting the PGHOST, PGPORT, PGDATA environment variables.

Thanks and regards,

Sushil Kumar