I'm new to Postgres and pgAdmin -- Where should I report a bug in pgAdmin?
I found an annoying cosmetic bug in pgAdmin where the rows in the data grid showing the result of a SQL execution are not re-sized to accommodate a very large font size set in preferences.
1) Set Preferences > Query Tool (tab) > Font to a larger size, such as 24 points. Click OK to apply.
2) Quit pgAdmin, to be sure new preferences take effect. Restart pgAdmin.
3) Select Tools > Query Tool, to open an interactive SQL session window.
4) Execute some SQL, such as: select now();
Notice the bug: Row 1 in the Output pane is not tall enough to show the large font size of the text. The text is clipped vertically.
While cosmetic, this bug affects:
- People doing presentations on overhead projectors where increasing the font size makes reading easier for the audience.
- People with a preference for larger fonts, often needed on certain computers screens.
- People with visual/sight challenges
pgAdmin3 1.12.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.5, installed by Postgres 9.0.x.
And thanks to all who work on pgAdmin. It has been very useful to me, and I've found it to be very stable and well-built.
pgadmin-support by date
|Next:||From: Amila Jayasooriya||Date: 2011-02-18 05:20:46|
|Subject: Re: PgAdmin III hangs When SQL button clicked or when opening a
script from a database object|
|Previous:||From: Guillaume Lelarge||Date: 2011-02-16 22:45:47|
|Subject: Re: dynamic results of a PG_Dump or pg_Restore
in the list|