Re: Protocol 3, Execute, maxrows to return, impact?

From: "A(dot)M(dot)" <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Protocol 3, Execute, maxrows to return, impact?
Date: 2008-07-28 18:24:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jul 28, 2008, at 1:54 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:

> On 28-Jul-08, at 12:45 PM, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>
>> Dave Cramer wrote:

>>> This is very exciting news, I'd love to look at it, is there any way
>>> it could be re-licensed so that it can be incorporated into say the
>>> jdbc driver ?
>>
>> Since I wrote it, I can relicense it any which way I want.
>> What kind of license would you like to have?
>
> As Joshua mentioned BSD is the preferred postgresql license. As I
> understand it I can't even look at your code and subsequently use
> anything in the JDBC driver

The GPL does not cover implementation ideas, not to mention that the
author just described the implementation. Furthermore, one could not
"take" anything from the Pike driver for the JDBC driver because it is
a completely different language. It seems like you confused the GPL
with an NDA.

Anyway, what does "The driver beats libpq in speed by about 62%" mean?

Cheers,