RE: v7.1b4 bad performance

From: "Schmidt, Peter" <peter(dot)schmidt(at)prismedia(dot)com>
To: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Schmidt, Peter" <peter(dot)schmidt(at)prismedia(dot)com>
Cc: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Michael Ansley'" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec-telecom-systems(dot)com>, "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: v7.1b4 bad performance
Date: 2001-02-16 22:39:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

There are several tools available for bench testing. pgbench seems like a
pretty good one for measuring database performance since it uses libpq
interface. Would you concur?

At this point I'm not concerned with comparing interface performance(i.e.
JDBC, ODBC, C++), C++ is bound to be the fastest. Also not concerned with
network or user interaction aspects of performance...yet. Does anyone know
how the "other reports" were gauged?  Apparently, I am not the _only_ one
who has reproduced these results using pgbench.
Peter

pgsql-admin by date

Previous:From: Gena GurchonokDate: 2001-02-16 22:30:17
Subject: Re[3]: [GENERAL] what means "INSERT xxx yyy" ?