Re: postgres config

From: "Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh(at)firstam(dot)com>
To: "Shreya Bhargava" <shreya_bhargav(at)yahoo(dot)com>,pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres config
Date: 2007-07-12 20:48:37
Lists: pgsql-novice
The two key parameters that can help speed up your index creation time
are shared_buffers and most importantly maintenance_work_mem. Also,
maintaining a lean, non-bloated table helps speeding up your index
creation time as well since it'll take less time to scan through a
For more info on the parameters I think the documentation is pretty
clear which can be found at:
There's also a pretty nice doc by Josh Berkus that can be found at