Re: Day of PostgreSQL - July 22, Sunday before OSCON

From: Selena Deckelmann <sdeckelmann(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Day of PostgreSQL - July 22, Sunday before OSCON
Date: 2007-06-22 18:35:08
Lists: pdxpug

On Jun 21, 2007, at 5:39 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I've read Rich Snodgrass' book, "Developing Time-Oriented
> Databases in
> SQL,"[1] and Joe Celko's shorter version in "SQL for Smarties, 3rd
> Ed." but
> there's much more to learn.
>
> Think you could find someone to do such a presentation?

Well, I don't think I'm well-versed enough in the problem (or what
you're up against) to be able to identify a likely teacher.

Anyone out there know something about temporal data handling? And,
Rich - are you talking about spatio-temporal (i.e. GIS-system)? In
my totally layman's view of this, it seems like some part of the work
Bill Howe was doing may be relevant.

I'd love to have Bill pipe up and say whether I'm right or wrong. Or
maybe Mark could.

-selena