Re: secure ODBC connection

From: "Mister ics" <mister_ics(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: renfro(at)tntech(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: secure ODBC connection
Date: 2001-09-16 09:36:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Mike,

I understand now... but i still have a problem on server side :-)

When i start the tunnel on back-end side:

ssh -N -L relay(at)myserver(dot)myorg(dot)com

it starts to listen on port 3333 of the host (lo). If i try to
connect to myserver.myorg:3333 from the outside, the connection is refufed
because the tunnel does not work on the network interface's address (es., but only on the lo interface.
How can i "export" that tunnel to the outside.

Thaks in advance,

>Doesn't matter. The whole point of ssh tunneling is to provide crypto
>for programs that wouldn't otherwise have it (certain pop, imap, http,
>whatever programs).
>As Matthew Frank pointed out, make an ssh tunnel from
>localhost:odbcport to odbchost:odpcport and point your ODBC client to
>localhost instead of odbchost.
>To try a simpler example, I've used putty's terminal app to tunnel
>localhost:9673 to a remote host's port 9673 (not for ODBC, but for web
>work). Pointed my web browser at localhost:9673 and up popped the
>remote web site. Secure as SSL, but without the cost.

Scarica GRATUITAMENTE MSN Explorer all'indirizzo

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Mathew FrankDate: 2001-09-16 10:59:00
Subject: Re: