Problems running configure on Solaris.

From: "Colin Bussanich" <colinbussanich(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems running configure on Solaris.
Date: 2001-08-14 16:50:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
I am new at this, trying to install on a Solaris box. I ran configure with
both:
"configure --with-perl --with-python --with-openssl --enable-syslog".

and later with:
"./configure --with-perl --with-includes=/usr/local/include
--with-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-perl --with-python --with-tcl
--with-openssl --enable-syslog".

It died both times with an error message, after several seconds:
"configure: error:
*** Could not execute a simple test program. This may be a problem
*** related to locating shared libraries. Check the file 'config.log'
*** for the exact reason."

In the config.log file, this is the first sign of trouble. It is in the
first "paragraph."
configure: In function `main':
configure:1408: `__CYGWIN32__' undeclared (first use in this function)
configure:1408: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:1408: for each function it appears in.)
configure: failed program was:
#line 1401 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

I am not sure what is wrong. I saw a mention about the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but
I don't know enough to know what to do about it. Also, it isn't my machine I
am installing it on, so I am a little cautious.

Thank you for any help,
Colin