Name switch

From: "Adam Van Ornum" <greatbob6(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Name switch
Date: 2002-10-17 02:59:28
Lists: pgsql-novice
I had a really weird problem crop up a couple of days ago.  I just recently
installed PostgreSQL on FreeBSD 4.6.2 and have been playing around with it.
Most of my experience is with SQL Server 7 on the Windows platform (of
course) so there's lots of little things to play with.  Anyway, I created a
database called "media" and then created a couple of tables and added some
information to several of the tables.  From my Windows box I tried to access
the database through ODBC and it said that my table did not exist in the DB.
  I think got on my FreeBSD box and checked it out and found that apparently
there were no tables in my "media" db.  Eventually I found out that it
appears that my "media" db somehow switched with "template1".  Has anyone
else had this happen?  Did I do something majorly stupid?

Adam

Broadband?Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: cristiDate: 2002-10-17 05:45:37