Strange trigger behaviour

From: "P(dot)V(dot) Subramanian" <pvsmian(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange trigger behaviour
Date: 2001-09-23 04:46:17
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi

I have a trigger function (C shared library) thats supposed to get called
AFTER an INSERT.

The called function needs to read the record that was just added (which
resulted in the function call)

However, this function doesn't seem to see the latest record added. Its as
if the INSERT never completed, during the life of the function.

Of course, a SELECT * shows that the record did get added.

And the function sees all the other older records in the table.

What should I do?

(And, why dont my elog notices not show up on the screen? That would have
helped me debug a bit)

Thanks in advance

PVS