Indexing for geographical objects

From: Franck Martin <Franck(at)sopac(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Indexing for geographical objects
Date: 2000-09-14 05:14:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm developping a geographical object type, very close to the geographic
type of PG. For the moment it is set up as external functions...

I would like to add indexing capabilities, and I have seen that indexing for
PG geographical objects is on the TODO list for 7.1.

I would like to get in touch with the person maintaining this part of the
code, and see if I could transfer some of these algorithms to my code...

At the end, these new geo objects could be incorporated in PG, but that up
to the PG dev team...

Cheers..

Franck Martin
Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck(at)sopac(dot)org <mailto:franck(at)sopac(dot)org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/ <http://www.sopac.org/>

This e-mail is intended for its recipients only. Do not forward this
e-mail without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be
neccessarily the views of SOPAC.