furiously yours

From: "Rony Khoury" <rkrk(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: furiously yours
Date: 2001-06-08 09:20:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I've been using postgresql for a quite some time and I have nothing to say
about it except it is wonderfull.

I recently upgraded to linux redhat 7.1 that had postgresql 7.0.3 on it and
started using it.

I know I should upgrade to the latest version but since I was behind on time
and I'm not using anything fancy, I thought I could just use the version in
hand until I get the oportunity to upgrade.

Today I noticed (the hard way) after an error came out and caused a big fuss
around that the way this version implement ordering is different then the
previous version I was using.

example
new version:
BOU MOUSLEH
BOUSTANI
BOU YAZBEK

old version
BOU MOUSLEH
BOU YAZBECK
BOUSTANI

it seems that the interpretation differs for the sapce.

I would like to know if this was solved in the new version? and if not
someone should defenetly do something about it.

once again thank you to the developoement team for the inspiring and
wonderfull effort you guys are doing. but I realy found this up the hard
hard way.

thanks,
Rony.