Timezones on HPUX

From: "Gilbert Wong" <gilwong(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timezones on HPUX
Date: 2001-05-29 17:57:34
Lists: pgsql-general

I am running PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on HPUX 11.0. I get the expected behavior if
my PGTZ environment variable is not set:

select current_timestamp;

timestamp
------------------------
2001-05-29 12:56:16-04
(1 row)

The I ran the date command in the shell and received the following output:

Tue May 29 09:57:09 PDT 2001

I have my TZ enviornment set to the correct value PST8PDT. When I set the
PGTZ variable to PST8PDT, I also get the correct time output:

select current_timestamp;

timestamp
------------------------
2001-05-29 09:58:26-07
(1 row)

So this works fine if I'm using psql. However, I am using PostgreSQL in
conjunction with AOLServer and I get the incorrect date/time when I run the
current_timestamp query from a .tcl page in AOLServer.

Here is a snippet from my init.d script:

su - $PGUSER -c "$PGHOME/bin/pg_ctl -o '$PGOPTS' -D $PGHOME/data start"

Is there any way I can pass the PGTZ variable when I execute this script?
Thanks.

Gilbert