Win32 native port question

From: "Brother Tuck" <brothertuck72(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com, mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net
Subject: Win32 native port question
Date: 2001-05-17 17:03:24
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,
Firstly, postgresSQL is a great product, simple to administrate, simple to
port (on unix). Your team have done a very good job.
I would like to make a wish for the next version.
Is it possible to get a native port on Microsoft windows system (NT or
2000). I know that I can use cygnus stuff and port the server. But my wish
will to get a port of the server on Win32 without Cygnus.
The server should be start as service or as a console program (like apache).
Is it plain ? Or never ?

Regards,
Mr Emmanuel Soden