Migration from MS Server to Postgres

From: "Eduardo Palafox" <mike_wazowski2002(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Migration from MS Server to Postgres
Date: 2002-06-25 23:31:09
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

I am trying to migrate MS SQL 6.5 database server to the postgresql database
)7.1). I have my program made in Power Builder and this program is working
without problems with MS SQL server. But when I tried to change the database
to the PostgreSQL I received following errors:
1. The program(Power Builder) is not recognizing more big and small letters
(case sensitivity).
2. There is also problem with spaces ,with that is also having PosgreSQL
problems.

How can I fix that problem with letters? Is there any special way how to
build PostgreSQL ,so it is working well with PowerBuilder and especially
with small and big letters.

The PostgreSQL is running on Linux and PowerBuilder on Windows.

Thanks for all your answers

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos.
http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx