Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for

From: Rick Gigger <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for
Date: 2006-01-31 04:13:07
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

I don't see why anyone has a problem with this. I am certainly never
going to use it but if it helps someone who isn't a linux person to
use it on a project when they would have used something else (like
mysql) or if it convinces someone to run postgres on linux instead of
windows because they now have a graphical installer on linux then it
seems like a good thing to me. More users = bigger community =
larger potential pool of people to help out. Even if people can't
code they can answer newbie (or advanced) questions on the mailing
lists or write documentation or even just tell their dba friends
about it.

The more people using postgres the better. If this will help then
I'm all for it. Just because I would rather do a ./configure make
make install doesn't mean that thats the best route for everyone.

Rick