MEETING: April 17, 7pm - Slony

From: Selena Deckelmann <sdeckelmann(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MEETING: April 17, 7pm - Slony
Date: 2007-04-12 16:45:19
Lists: pdxpug
Topic: 		PostgreSQL replication with Slony
Speaker: 	Ian Burrell
When:		Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 7pm
Where: 		FreeGeek, 1731 SE 10th Ave

I am very excited about this talk!

 From Ian:

Slony is a master-slave asynchronous replication system for
PostgreSQL.  It works well for large databases with relatively small
numbers of well-connected slaves.  It supports slave promotion and
cascading.  Its main limitation is that it does not replicate schema
changes.

The talk will cover Slony concepts and operation.  I will work
through setting up a simple cluster.  I will talk about issues we
have encountered using Slony on a multi-terabyte system.

--
Beer at the Lucky Lab after!  First pitcher is on me.

-selena

pdxpug by date