RE: sql with postgresql beginner

From: Windy Elliott <windye(at)softshare(dot)com>
To: "'radix(at)ihug(dot)com(dot)au'" <radix(at)ihug(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: sql with postgresql beginner
Date: 2000-08-30 22:25:35
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am a begginer as well, but I am under the impression that you actually
need to join the tables.

select list.item, vendors.vendorname from list LEFT JOIN vendors ON
list.vendorcode = vendors.vendorcode where list.vendorcode = 101;

This is how I would do it.  If I am wrong, please, someone correct me.