BUG: mismatched parentheses

From: "Brendon Matthews" <brendonm(at)bbtechltd(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: BUG: mismatched parentheses
Date: 2002-05-28 04:00:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I have found a bug in PostgreSQL 7.2.1.

I am trying to use plpgsql to run a simple INSERT on a table, and it always
comes up with an error saying "mismatched parentheses"

I firstly store the SQL in a TEXT variable:
a_sql := ''INSERT INTO mytable(theid,thenumber) VALUES(1,2);'';

Then i run the EXECUTE command in plpgsql:
EXECUTE a_sql;

I have tried many different ways to get the INSERT working, but all have
failed with the same result, however when i try to run the same INSERT
outside of plpgsql it always succeeds.

This problem is very serious, and needs to be sorted out.

Brendon Matthews
Analyst Programmer
BBTech Ltd
Ph: (03) 381 1127
Fax: (03) 381 1185

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Karel ZakDate: 2002-05-28 08:09:29