Re:

From: "Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen(at)esncc(dot)com>
To: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2005-12-23 19:59:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sean: yes, we do load into a 'loader table' at the end of the DOS script,
using the COPY command.

Tom: so we have (partly) learned. That means the LISTEN/NOTIFY approach
ought to work but it doesn't work until after the functions have run. We
have also noticed that we can't 'see' (via pgAdmin3) any of the updates
until all have finished, and we are thinking the reason for that is the same
reason a VACUUM request from a client program doesn't work either.

Campaigh Runner: the target table(s) are really part of a data wharehouse;
some are small (< 100 rows), but get updated frequently (40x / second);
others are larger, with the largest being probably ~ 100K rows. Most of the
columns get updated, but not all; most of the transactions are updates,
mixed in with occasional inserts.