Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names
Date: 2002-03-26 21:20:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> I'm in the process of learning C#/.NET and whilst trying to persuade an
> OdbcCommandBuilder to work as documented, thought I'd try the
> (development)
> ODBC3 version of the driver to see if that was the problem.
>
> I still haven't go the OdbcCommandBuilder to work, but I did find
> that with
> the v3 driver, the columns appear to have lost their names. The following
> code returned the names as expected with the v2.5 driver, but Column1,
> Column2... with the v3:

Could you send me the MyLog output ?

>     foreach(DataColumn dcDB in dsDB.Tables[0].Columns)
>       Console.WriteLine("{0} ({1})", dcDB.ColumnName, dcDB.DataType);
>
> I also found that the table name isn't returned for either
> driver,

Probably you can see the table name if you check the *Parse
Statement* option. The *Parse Statement* is the only option
that could give us the table name or the base column name
(if the column has an alias). The other options(Premature
execution or Disallow Premature) couldn't give us the infos.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue