Re: 'select count...' returns SQL_VARCHAR?

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Stelios Sfakianakis" <ssfak(at)ics(dot)forth(dot)gr>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 'select count...' returns SQL_VARCHAR?
Date: 2002-07-13 23:00:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

It isn't a problem of the ODBC driver itself. The problem is if your
app (or the software you are using) can handle bigint properly.
Unfortunately there are some(many ?) softwares that can't
handle bigint properly and so the ODBC driver has returned
VARCHAR for int8 type. Recently I added the INT8 As (bigint,
numeric, double, ...) option to cope with this *sum(int4) returns
int8* problem.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue