RE: [ODBC] Re: ODBC Interface version 07_01_0005, problemwith C++ exceptions

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Kristis Makris" <kristis(dot)makris(at)datasoft(dot)com>, <mister_ics(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [ODBC] Re: ODBC Interface version 07_01_0005, problemwith C++ exceptions
Date: 2001-06-16 01:06:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-odbc

Hi,
Probably the cuase is as follows.

Currently SQLExecute/ExecDirect returns SQL_ERROR and the SQLSTATE ==
'00000'
in case of ERRORs and (some) NOTICEs.

Of cource SQL_ERROR means an error but SQLSTATE == '00000' indicates
success.
MFC ODBC class seems to ignore the error message when SQLSTATE == '00000'
(I got the error message in an application using VB).

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue