RE: CommitDelay performance improvement

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: CommitDelay performance improvement
Date: 2001-02-25 14:25:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

How about the case with scaling factor 1 ? i.e Could your
proposal detect lock conflicts in reality ? If so, I agree with
your proposal.

BTW there seems to be a misunderstanding about CommitDelay,
i.e

CommitDelay is completely a waste of time unless there's
an overlap of commit.

If other backends use the delay(cpu cycle) the delay is never
a waste of time totally.

Regards,
Hiroshi Inoue