2 postgresql processes on the same machine ?

From: "Jean-Guillaume LALANNE" <jeanguillaume(dot)lalanne(at)capgemini(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 2 postgresql processes on the same machine ?
Date: 2004-07-22 13:02:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I am pretty new to the postgresql community.
My question may seem a little bit strange but
I'd like to know if it is possible to run 2
postgresql processes with 2 separate databases on the
same machine (change of the ports, different paths to
logs, ...)?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best Regards,

Jean-Guillaume LALANNE

Our name has changed.  Please update your address book to the following format: "recipient(at)capgemini(dot)com".

pgsql-general by date