Minor build nits in 7.3rc1

From: Harris Peter <Peter(dot)Harris(at)Kyndal(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Minor build nits in 7.3rc1
Date: 2002-11-21 15:21:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi

1)
configure fails too easily if your libraries and include files are in a
funny place. When you specify --prefix=/somewhere, maybe it should use "-L
/somewhere/lib" and "-I/somewhere/include" by default when checking if
things exist.
Workaround: I had to add the options to LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS myself to get
readline noticed.

2)
The makefile contains many rm.  I usually like to alias rm="rm -i" for
safety, so I had to answer (y/n) a lot of times.  Could the makefile please
use rm -f?

Thanks

Peter Harris
Kyndal Spirits

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential.
The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other
than the addressee.
If you have received this communication in error, please delete
the message and notify Kyndal International Limited immediately
on 0141-248-5771.

The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views
of Kyndal International Limited.
As it has been transmitted over a public network,
Kyndal International Limited makes no representation nor accepts
any liability for the email's accuracy or completeness unless
expressly stated to the contrary.

Should you, as the intended recipient, suspect that the message
has been intercepted or amended, please notify
Kyndal International Limited immediately on 0141-248-5771.

pgsql-bugs by date