instructions are useful, but lacking

From: michael(dot)schwartz(at)carat(dot)com
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: instructions are useful, but lacking
Date: 2004-10-27 23:36:35
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi --
Just read the cygwin/postgresql install instructions, located at
<>  .
These were very useful, but seemingly incomplete. After some frustration
followed by googling, we found the right answers here:
Basically before you run /usr/sbin/cygserver, you need to:
a) set CYGWIN = server environment variable
b) run cygserver-config
and then continue your instructions with 3a) on the above referenced FAQ
Thanks for this wonderful tool, and making it work with CYGWIN. Its presence
has been extremely useful for our development efforts.

Michael Schwartz
Application Developer
 <mailto:michael(dot)schwartz(at)carat(dot)com> michael(dot)schwartz(at)carat(dot)com
415.633.0237 - Office
310.255.9571 - Fax

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Reini UrbanDate: 2004-10-29 19:01:48