perl dbi postgresql uppercase problem

From: Marco Kienzle <M(dot)Kienzle(at)marlab(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: perl dbi postgresql uppercase problem
Date: 2002-03-15 09:37:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi folks,

I just begin to use the perl modules to query a Postgresql database and
faced the first problems (which are probably very trivial)

1. first, is it possible to store the query in a file and invoke its
execution from perl (\i file.sql command from Postgresql) ?

2. second, I want to use PERL variables in an SQL query (for example
$var='R') but if I use them in the query, the Postgresql server return the
following error: Attribute 'r' not found ... I did not ask for 'r'
attribute but for 'R'. Does any one know how to resolve this
uppercase/lowercase problem ?

Thanks in advance,
marco