JPA + enum == Exception

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JPA + enum == Exception
Date: 2012-12-17 23:01:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

I'm trying to use enum's in a database, but the java guys are telling me that they are having problems with inserts … reading from the database isn't a problem, but there appears to be an issue with converting from string -> enum when saving it back again …

they are using JPA2 / EJB + Eclipselink … on the jboss side, we are running the latest jdbc driver …

considering postgresql has always supported enum and extending types, I think they might be missing something, but I can't think of what to suggest …

Is there a doc online I can maybe point them to about doing this … ?