Re: phpPgAdmin

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: phpPgAdmin
Date: 2007-07-27 18:06:42
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Jul 27, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Carol Walter wrote:

> I can go into Aqua Data Studio to the registered student server and
> ADS will draw pretty ERD's with appropriate relationships, so long
> as the table constraints are properly designed.  When I try to do
> the same thing with the other instance, it refuses to do the ERD's
> and all I get are boxes that contain the data elements.  I have run
> my script that creates all the tables for one of these databases in
> a database on each of the instances.  On the student server, it
> creates a proper ERD, but on the research server in doesn't.  The
> only thing that I can see that is different between the two
> databases is the ownership.

Is the PostgreSQL version the same for both server instances? If not,
the system catalog information might have changed in some way between
versions that is causing problems for ADS. You might also try setting
the logging to the highest level and then generate your diagrams with
ADS. Check to see if there are errors or any differences in the SQL
statements executed.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL