RE: DROP CONSTRAINT (UNIQUE) preliminary support

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: DROP CONSTRAINT (UNIQUE) preliminary support
Date: 2001-07-10 01:59:54
Lists: pgsql-patches
> > Since then, I decided to complete the ADD CONSTRAINT stuff first.  I've
> > _almost_ finished ADD UNIQUE and ADD PRIMARY.  I'll probably
> submit a patch
> > for those in the next couple of days.  After that I'll worry about DROP
> > CONSTRAINT again.
>
> Oh, fine.  Just checking.  Didn't want you to think we weren't
> interested in your work.

Well - it isn't as sexy as UNDO/REDO support, planner optimisation or an
overwriting storage manager, but there's nothing more annoying to me as a
web developer to have inflexible schema.  How much do I want that DROP
COLUMN feature!  It's simply not feasible to recreate the table without the
column on a live server.

Chris