RE: A couple items on TODO

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Jeff Davis" <list-pgsql-hackers(at)dynworks(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: A couple items on TODO
Date: 2001-08-24 01:52:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > As I was browsing TODO, I noticed a couple unassigned items
> that I may be
> > able to help with (I haven't worked with the source before):
> >
> > *Add use of 'const' for variables in source tree
>
> I would discuss this item with the hackers list and see exactly what
> people want done with it.

I have noticed while working on command.c and heap.c that half the functions
pass 'const char *' and the other half pass just 'char *'.  This is a pain
when you have a little helper function like 'is_relation(char *)' and you
want to pass a 'const char *' to it and vice versa.  ie. Compiler warnings -
it's sort of annoying.

Chris