DROP CONSTRAINT (UNIQUE) preliminary support

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DROP CONSTRAINT (UNIQUE) preliminary support
Date: 2001-05-31 11:03:06
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi all,

This patch allows ALTER TABLE/DROP CONSTRAINT to drop UNIQUE constraints by
dropping the relevant index.

This is a prelim patch that I need comment on (The @@ comments), and I've
edited some things out by hand, so I don't recommend applying it to anything
just yet.

I have added an IsIndex function to indexcmds.c and a RemoveUniqueConstraint
to heap.c, plus modified command.c's AlterTableDropConstraint function to
call RemoveUniqueConstraint.

Note that I have disabled inheritance support for unique constraints - since
it's impossible to have two indices of the same name anyway...

Comments please.

Chris

Attachment Content-Type Size
unique.diff application/octet-stream 9.4 KB