Dblink question

From: "Sam Masiello" <smasiello(at)mxlogic(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Dblink question
Date: 2004-05-19 17:12:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all!

I am rather stuck and am hoping someone can help. I am working on a
project where users need to be able to send one query which will hit
databases on multiple hosts (the database structures are the same) and
tie the data back together again.

After doing lots of reading it looks like dblink might be a great
solution for this. After trying to insert dblink.sql into the database,
I just get a series of errors:

ERROR: stat failed on file '$libdir/dblink': No such file or directory

Does anyone know how I can get around this error? Or is dblink not
really a good solution for what I am trying to do? I am sure others out
there have had to do similar tasks before so any advice that can be
provided would be greatly appreciated!

TIA for your time and reply!

--Sam